Saturday, July 29, 2006

Back from a day in Seoul


The rains have been coming. Its monsoon season, they say. It is not too bad, just a steady rain that does not stop, no wind or bad lightning, just a lot of rain. Monday it did not rain but on Tuesday it started and did not really stop until Friday evening/Saturday morning.

I got rained on to and from work everyday, which really sucked. It is only a two and a half block walk, maybe a quarter of a mile, maybe a half mile though, I don’t know. Anyway, it is not so far so that is good but I mean it is not so far when it is not raining that is because when it is raining anything more than a trip through the parking lot is too much for me.

The rain is good for killing the pollution though. Seoul is really bad air pollution but Anyang where I live is better, still bad by American standards though. I have been in Seoul a couple times now and I am glad I don’t live there, close enough to visit but far enough away to not feel like I live in a giant smoky bar. I always feel dirty, I don’t know if it is because of the pollution or the humidity but my skin always feels sticky and so I think it is a combination of both.

Otherwise the city is amazing. The buildings are everywhere, it doesn’t stop. One after another and on and on. Business area, housing area, shopping area, restuaruant and bar areas. They are all mixed but all together somehow in pockets. You are never to far from any of them.

The subway lines are cheap and really easy to figure out and I think once you figured out a subway system anywhere else in the world, using the Seoul system is no problem. Buses are another story and I am not sure what I will do about that.

Taxis are suppose to be expensive so I haven’t taken them and so far the most part I am walking everywhere. Good for the waistline and the heart.

Hmmm, I think next I will write about my job so if you want to know what I do for a living please stay tuned.

Tired legs and tickled to be in Asia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home